- a new business model -

After living for two years in Denmark, we have managed to lease a car. A small, tiny, black Ford-Fiesta with tinted windows, you know... a hit-man car. After getting the car, I've got two fines in one week in Copenhagen City. It was my mistake, and I have paid them! No questions asked!

On the 12th of December 2018, we received a parking ticket. All good, is it not the first time, nor the last. Here it is:


Fig.1: Parking ticket with address G/F Gyngemose Park

The company who issued the fine is Cityparketing A/S, a private company. The company that is collecting the money if you do not pay is owned by the same person. Good damn business Sicilian model!

If you ask an architect what the most critical aspect for a building is, he’ll say “location, location, location!”. The car was parked on Gyngemose Parkvej, and not on G/F Gyngemose Park, unless somehow our car (it’s on my fiancé’s name, but that’s another story) traveled through the space-time continuum while the agent was writing the parking fine. I live on Gyngemose Parkvej and NOT G/F Gyngemose Park. (please refer to Fig.3)

Fig.2: Parking ticket with address G/F Gyngemose Park zoomed-in.


Fig. 3: Gyngemose Parkvej.
They say the parking spot is not delimited. What? I’d say it’s pretty damn well delimited. (see Fig.4 and 5 as reference). Other people park there too! Woooow!
Fig.4: Car parked in the same location as ours.


Fig.5: Cars parked in the same location as ours on the 10th, 11th and 12th of December 2018.


Lately, I see that in Denmark innovation is everywhere. Let’s take Danske Bank for example. They’re changing their business model from lending money to washing machines. I’d say pretty damn innovative! Now, to me, it seems Cityparkering.dk is following the same steps. I thought they were in the parking business; however, I can see they want to change their business model as well… maybe bleach business or should we stick to washing machines?
I am 36 years old, and my hourly fee as a freelancer is 1250dkk + VAT.  Should I charge them, since I have invested 2 hours into this matter? I can send them a bill for my services, right? If they send us invoices (fines, LOL), why can’t I bill them as well?

Let's recap! What did Cityparkering do?
1. Wrong address on the ticket.

2. They say the parking spot is not delimited. The hell no! Look at Fig 4 and 5.
3. I sent them 3 e-mail via their online objection application form and no answer.


"There are many crooks in this World!" and me I am so fed up to them since I met quite a lot of this kind of people lately.


How would you react? What would you say?


Have a nice day and thank you for your time!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

21 decembrie 2012. Murim tonți dreacului!

Beauty 3.0

Alinka